The Rocky Mountain Center for Innovation and Technology is hosting a NoCo Mini Maker Faire this Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 5 pm.
A Maker Faire is an event that allows the public to see what innovations have been created. You get to see first hand – new technology and cool ideas. It also gives our kids exposure to the way things tinker.
There are more than 130 makers involved in this particular event. The goal is to get families involved with the growing maker community.
These makers are bringing technology, innovation, lights and many great interactive activities to this event. There are many different talks and hands-on-experiments you and your family can check out.
What Innovations to Expect
Elise Van Dyne, the organizer, and her team have clearly been working hard to get this event together. Check out what the event will include:
- 3D printers
- Zippity Zoo Barnyard petting zoo
- Video games come to life – life sized, team centipede for four players
- Human foosball table
- Fort Collins creator hub
- Hands-on tools to check out
- Star Trek Artemis simulation – control the bridge of the Starship Enterprise
- Hand made dolls
- Sword fighting
- Mountain State Droid Builders
- Learn to solder with SparkFun and take home your project
- Major Lego displays from the Colorado/Wyoming Lego group- and a chance for the kiddos to build their own
- A lego crane
- Make your own musical circuit boards
Rover Rally robotic races
- 3D Printed Jewelry and Art
- Youth entrepreneurs market
- Comet making with dry-ice
Things to Know
This event looks amazing. It will be the first time I attend, but with a 7-year-old who loves science and math and a husband who is a Computer Science High School teacher…this event takes top priority!
Kids 3 and under are free which is awesome. And there is a children/student price. The best thing to do is purchase the tickets in advance because they are more expensive at the door. You can purchase your tickets here.
This event is located at the Rocky Mountain Center for Innovation and Technology (RMCIT) at 815 14th Street SW, Loveland, Co at the corner of 14th and Taft.
I hope to make it to this event. If I do, I’ll be posting on Instagram.