It’s that time once again. At 7:00am this Thursday morning, November 14th, registration opens for City of Fort Collins Recreator classes. In our household, we’re contemplating the following: Dancing Swans, Hip Hop for Preschool, Ultimate Fort Making, Build a Nerf Blaster, and Teen Fencing. Now it’s time to narrow the choices down to one or two per kid.
If you’ve been through registration before, you may know that the process does not always go smoothly. The online system occasionally bogs down and moves excruciatingly slow, and popular classes fill up quickly. Fortunately, there are a few steps you can take to minimize the frustration and make the process somewhat easier:
1. Log in to the registration system BEFORE registration day to confirm that you know your username and password.
2. Use the wishlist. The website will not be moving quickly on Thursday, so the less you have to do there, the better. Find your desired classes now and add them to the wishlist. Then, on registration day, simply return to your wishlist and register from there.
3. Register in person. I realize that hauling babies and toddlers out of the house and into a public setting by 7:00am is an enormous task, but it just might be worth it. Perhaps we should all agree ahead of time that it’s absolutely appropriate to show up in pajama pants and stained t-shirts.
4. If you know your desired classes are not among the most popular offerings, sleep in and register later.
5. If your favorite class is full, add your name to the waitlist. It is common for people to cancel registrations and for spots to open up.
6. Suppose you fail to secure a spot in a highly desired class. Take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy the rest of your day anyway.
Some of our favorite Recreator classes over the years have been: Roly Poly, L’il Dumplin Farmers, EPIC Adventures, and Teen Fencing. What are some favorites in your household?
To browse The Recreator online and for more information on registration, including walk-in locations, please click here.