Did you know that Loveland hosts Colorado’s largest Valentine’s Day celebration? The Loveland Fire and Ice Festival kicks off this Friday evening and runs until Sunday night.
This yearly event jam packed with fun for families, singles, friends, couples…pretty much anyone.
This free event has music, carriage rides, ice sculptures, fire dancers, food trucks, fireworks…it’s like Disney minus all the characters, rides, long lines, etc. Okay, so maybe it’s not like Disney at all.
But they will have Anna & Elsa (from Frozen) and Storm Troopers available for photos on Sunday from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
There is a family zone which is worth spending a few hours at this weekend. The zone features: carnival style games, rides, laser tag, laser shooting range, and more.
The games cost $3 for 3 tickets or $10 for 10 tickets and the money benefits the nonprofit (a personal favorite of mine) Hearts & Horses.
There are other family activities during this 3-day event like:
- Ticketed Harry Potter Q&A Sessions with Devon Murray, who played Seamus Finnigan and Paula DuPre Pesmen, Associate Producer of the first Harry Potter movies.
- Ticketed Harry Potter “Tea Time” with above actor and producer
- Carousel rides
- Meet and greet with the Colorado Eagles dancers and mascot
- “Selfie Stations” throughout the festival- large ice blocks carved into interactive photo locations (ice bench and ice heart photo)
- Fire/light performers throughout festival
Here are some event details:
When: Friday, Feb. 12: 5 – 10 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 13: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 14: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Where: Various downtown Loveland locations along 4th St. between Lincoln Ave. and Garfield Ave.
Parking: The easiest places to park would be the parking lot on the corner of Lincoln Ave. and 3rd St. or the parking lot across from the Loveland Museum Gallery on the corner of Lincoln Ave. and 5th St.