If you are interested in writing a guest post for Growing Up Fort Collins, please read this guide and follow the instructions as listed. If you have any questions, please contact Kristin at Kristin@GrowingUpFortCollins.com.
What We’re Looking For
Most importantly, any submissions must have a local focus. Ideas include, but are not limited to:
- Unbiased reviews of local businesses, services, or family-related activities relevant to the Fort Collins area.
- Experiences and stories from local events and festivals.
- Personal stories in the Fort Collins area.
- Creative writing, poetry, or artwork with a local family focus.
Submissions should be unique. Please check past content to make sure your topic has not been recently discussed.
All submissions should be unbiased. Please do not write a post that is just a plug for your business. Instead, contact us about sponsorship opportunities and how the Scoop Blog Network can help spread the word about your business.
Submissions should have correct grammar, spelling, and sentence structure.
What to Expect
Not all submissions will be published.
Please don’t be offended if we make edits or suggest changes. It’s a normal part of the process, and you will have an opportunity to approve all edits before publication.
If your article is accepted, you consent to the full text, extracts, samples, and photographs being used by The Scoop Blog Network on the blog site and on corresponding social media platforms, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
How to Submit
- Microsoft Word documents or Google Drive documents can be emailed to June at Kristin@GrowingUpFortCollins.com.
- Submissions should include a minimum of one .jpg photograph with a width of 600 pixels or larger. All photos must be original or free to use for commercial use to avoid copyright infringement. Let us know if you need ideas, suggestions, or assistance in finding a fitting photo.
- Please include the links to any relevant websites. If there is missing information that we have to research, you’re less likely to be published.
- Include a title for the post and an author bio.
- If you have a topic idea but are unsure about the relevance to this blog, please feel free to submit your idea along with a writing sample. I would be happy to discuss whether or not a specific topic is a good fit!