Lifehack: something you can do to make life easier
A simple breakfast solution as you’re rushing out the door to drop kids off or go to work is to pop a breakfast burrito in the microwave for 2 minutes. My husband and I have started making breakfast for the whole week each Sunday. This is a lifehack we came up with that works for our family’s needs.
It takes about 2 hours for prep and cook time in order to have 14 homemade burritos in your fridge. (Pro tip: You can easily make a variety of burritos so it doesn’t get old.)
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 8 eggs
- 1 ham steak
- 1 pound of sausage
- 1 onion
- several cherry tomatoes
- sharp cheddar cheese
- 14 large tortillas
- Dice up the ham steak, onions, tomatoes, and potatoes.
- Put Potatoes on a pan, season, drizzle with olive oil and cook in oven at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, cook your sausage until it’s brown
- Once brown throw in your diced foods and cook until onions are golden.
- Then add your eggs and cheese and stir frequently until eggs are fully cooked.
- Once it’s all done, let it cool for about 10 minutes
- After you’re done cooking up your burrito concoction roll it nice and tight in the tortilla, wrap it in aluminum foil or plastic, and freeze until you’re ready to eat.
We’ve been pretty happy with a homemade breakfast everyday. I’ve even thrown one into my kiddos lunch on a morning we were running behind. Let me know what recipes you come up with if you try this idea!